Friday, May 7, 2010

recent projects

And some stuff I actually finished! Hurrah!


These are the infamous Werewolf Mitts, made with my handspun wool yarn. 100% wool. Not 98, not 75, but 100%, handspun, handplied wool. I'm quite proud of them, can't you tell?



This is my first double knitting project with two colors, and I had a very bad time starting it. Maybe it was because it was so late. I restarted it a few(felt like several) times, and now it's going fantastically! The edges are a little...odd, but I don't mind. It's working, and showing up!

The train car charts I'm using are from Laura Chamberlain's "Chugga Chugga". I'd been looking for a good train chart, but hadn't found anything I particularly liked. I call my own work Space Train, after the shiny cosmic train in The Storytellers :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I love double knitting, though I've only done it once. I keep thinking of this or that double knit thing, but never do it.

    And the mitts are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how on earth do you double knit?

    nice gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bekah - It's like doing ribbing, sort of. A K1, P1 pattern, where the back yarn is hidden between the layers. If the "double knitting" above is underlined green up there, you can click for a page explaining it.

    ReplyDelete