Thursday, August 5, 2010

If you could accomplish one goal in your life with no limits (budget, time, physical abilities, etc.), what would it be?

There are a lot of goals I have, but only one, I think, that I would put as the answer to the question. I want to branch my humble little nickname into a publishing company called Blackbird Books. It would be tailored mostly for new, young (good) authors who are intimidated by the unfriendly industry, and would have the reputation for printing good books, not just what's currently popular.

Though there would obviously be a lot of rejections, if there were, truly, no limits, I'd personally write a review of each one sent back, so the writer would be able to improve on it if they agreed. I think it would be much better than a simple "No, thanks."

The company would become the name in the fiction world standing for higher standards, and the reference for parents and anyone else who wants to take a closer look at any book.

I'll be answering this question on video in a couple weeks. If you're interested, see my blog for more details.

Ask me anything

1 comment:

  1. There's a hilarious show called Black Books which is what I think of whenever you mention 'Blackbird Books'.

    It's probably not your thing. But I thought I'd share anyway if you ever feel like watching some silly English comedy about a bookshop.

    ReplyDelete