Saturday, September 11, 2010

...well, she's 'fundamentalist' (spelling?) so she's basically not allowed to read HP or anything *really* exciting. It's rather hard to come up with story ideas for her...

Is it just Harry Potter or all magical/supernatural stories? I know of people who are strictly against Harry Potter, but are happy with Mary Poppins, The Chronicles of Narnia, etc. Without knowing the finer points of what her family believes about fiction, that was my first thought.

If they want to exclude supernatural elements altogether, I would suggest historical fiction. It's not usually my first choice, being more inclined to flying books and glowing things, but I've read some historical stories that were amazing(Jane Eyre, Sherlock Holmes, the Dear America series). Your friend might even like to write something around the time of the Bible.

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment